For those of you following Diana’s progress today as you saw she was not able to compete after the first event. The day began great blue sky perfect weather and no smog. Diana said she was feeling great and was ready to go. Diana was in the last heat, this was the fast heat the gun fired and all were pressing hard. When Diana came up on the eighth hurdle she pulled her hamstring and struggled to get over the last two hurdles and cross the line. You could see she was in a lot of pain. She knew it was over and this was a heart breaking time. Diana wanted nothing more than to be out there competing. We are so proud of her and know she would have done an amazing job if given the chance, but the strong hearted person she is this will only make her a stronger athlete.
We love you Diana, it meant a lot to us to be here with you no matter the out come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
22 comments:
I went to bed Thursday night in Pullman with a broken heart for you Diana, and Coach Sloan, and all of Diana's friends and family who were taking every step with her on this fantastic journey.Chin-up girl! You are still a great Cougar and wonderful representative of all that is good about USA Track & Field. There are only 1442 days to go until London 2012 and I know you'll be ready! Hugs, Linda
Diana - our hearts go out to you at this difficult time. We are so sorry you got hurt and hope you are feeling better today and are not in too much pain. We are very proud of you and know you are a great athlete and will still show the world how strong team USA can be. Love Alison, John, Kelly, Wendy, Lee and Jaycie.
I love you nonnie and am so very proud of you! Dusty sends his love too!
I love the saying "adversity causes some to break and others to break records". You are a world class athlete that has a hugh future in front of them. I'm sorry that you cannot finish the contest but you will recover stronger physically and mentally. I am very proud of you and like the others have said, keep the chin up. Hope to see you soon.
Diana - We are proud of you no matter what. It was such an accomplishment just to make it to the Olympics. Pulling an hamstring can happen to the best of athletics, and has. Just remember we love you and are so proud of you for giving it your all. As your friends said, there's always next time.
Hugs and kisses,
Grandma & Grandpa Root
Diana,
We are so very proud of you! and are very sad you pulled the hammy. We know you gave a valiant effort and have the drive to continue to push toward your dreams.
Take care of yourself and enjoy the rest of this spectacular time with mom, Ron, and Julie
Hi Diana...
it has been such a pleasure following your remarkable experiences these past few days. I am so glad your mom shared your site with me.
I know you must be so disappointed to have your competition experience cut short. You surely are a talented and driven woman to have made it so far with your dream. You are an Olympic Athelete and no one or no injury, however untimely can take that from you.
I hope you are not in too much pain. Remember to take the time to recover fully before you begin training for the next Olympics.
Thank you again for your commitment and your delightful smile that greets all of us in our office every day we open your page.
With tremendous admiration, Vicki and the gang at Cornerstone Materials
hey Di were so sorry to hear about what happened yesterday, but we know youll get throught this. It still must have be an amazing experience. Just to let you know your 100m hurdle heat was on TV this morning around 11:30 dallas time. You looked really good :) We love you and miss you.
Diana,
Can believe this happened to you. I am so sorry and really hope you are not in too much pain. We know you will return being the determined person you are. It may sound cra-- now, but you will grow from this and become an even better athlete. We are extremely proud of you and your accomplishments. You are amazing!! We love you!!
Pam and Zac
Dear Diana-You know you and Julie are winners in my heart no matter what the outcome of your races are. The dedication and commitment you both have to this sport is amazing. It has been a thrill following Julie and you through your track careers, the trials and you at the olympics. I am so proud of you!! Enjoy the rest of your time in China. Can't wait to see you. Love Janet
Diana-
We were so sorry to learn of your injury. All of us are hurting for you. I know it is also a difficult time for your Mom, Ron and Julie. You and Julie have accomplished so much and we are so very proud to have a connection to you. You're in our thoughts and prayers. We'll be watching you in 4 years!
Much Love to you.
Tom, Shirley, Evan, Kristi, Tori, Cody and Bryce Lytle
Diana,
Our heart goes out to you. We are so sorry to hear what happened. I know we will be watching you compete again and are looking forward to watching you in 4 years in London. We are very proud of you and have enjoyed watching and sharing your journey over the last few days.
Love wigth hugs and kisses
Mary and Bob Root
Diana,you are an Olympic Athlete and no injury will take that away. We are so proud of you and Julie, your commitment, dedication and determination. This is a tremendous disappointment but get yourself healthy and go do what you do best. We hope that the physical pain subsides quickly. I know having your Mom, Ron and Julie with you will bring you comfort. I hope you will be coming back to Sachse for awhile so we can give you a big hug. Take care and stay strong. You and Julie will be someone to contend with at the next Olympics. We love all you guys. Love, Donna and Alan
Diana - Congratulations! You are living the American Dream! Sorry your 2008 Olympic adventure was cut short with an injury. Best of luck training for London 2012! We look forward to following you!
Ted, Carrie (Lytle), Foster, Taylor & Quincy Hartman - Kansas City
Pick.. I'm so sick about what happened. I know how hard you've worked for this and its just heartbreaking. There was nothing you could have done to prevent this, that stupid hamstring!!! You were more than ready. I'm so sorry sweetie. I love you so much. Keep that heard up.
I can't even begin to imagine your dissapointment D. You are such a competitor. Silver lining maybe -- U and Jules both in 2012 ). I know U would rather be running their socks off - but enjoy the rest your stay and have some fun with mom and dad an sis.
Love Smitty & Paula
forgot to log in so couldnt edit -- I wanted to add - what it says about a person that pulled hamstring 2 hurdles before the end of the event - and still managed to finish 9th overall - welll done
D, We LOVE you! You didn't deserve this but I know your are a strong enough and determined enough athlete to make it through this with grace. I wish I was there so I could give you a big hug! Raincheck? xoxo
Cora and John
Diana-I'm so sorry Hun...it was so unfortunate and just bad luck!!!But know that you are an amazing athlete, one of the best in the world at what you do, and a very special person! You will get through this and there is no limit to what you can accomplish in the future!! You are a gamer, and this experience will make you even stronger...Hugs to you and your family-Love, Sandy
D- I just cant believe it. you didnt deserve this but you are so strong and i know you'll get through it. i hope you are not in too much pain. love u and i am soooooo proud of you in every way. love ya, kayles
and imagine i am giving you a big hug right now! :)
It was so exciting to see you in that USA uniform. What an exciting day for you... Your Olympic debut. My heart sunk when I saw the look on your face but none the less I am so amazed with you. Congratulations Diana! Take care of your hammy and enjoy the rest of the Olympics with your family and Coach Sloan.
Marie
Diana,
It had to be disappointing for you for that hamstring to poop out-just look what you accomplished after the last time it happened-you maed the it to the Olympics!
That's awesome, You are a healthy and strong willed person, so more power to you in all you endeavor.
We're all proud of you!!!
The Novaks
Post a Comment