Good bye Dallas, Hello Beijing
Well today we are beginning our journey to Beijing. Up at 3:30 am and off to the airport by 4 an early start to the day, but what a day. Our flight to Chicago has a take off at 6:00 am. I am writing this on the airplane in route to Chicago and so far so good we only were stop by a cop on the way to the airport, luckily he let us off with a warning. We were going 67 (speed limit is 60) on the Bush and for those of you living in Dallas you know driving at that speed you would be passed by every car on the road and you better be in the right lane considering the norm is 70 - 75. Anyway, I think the cop was board and needed someone to talk to at 4:20 in the morning. Once we arrive in Chicago we take a flight to Shanghai which takes off at 10:30 am, now that flight is a bit longer 13 and a half hours, that hurts. Then when we arrive in Shanghai we will have a 4 hour lay-over and then one more leg to Beijing this will be a short 2 and a half hour flight. Total travel time with lay-over will be 20 hours; we may be unrecognizable by this time. You know I would happily fly for 40 hours in cargo to be here and see Diana. We are so blessed. Signing off for now we will let you know how it goes once in BEIJING BABY!
Ron and Chris/Toots
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yippeee!! You are on your way!! So excited for you guys...try to get some zzzz's! Love you
Katie, I think you and check this blog like every 10 minutes!!hahaha
I'm glad you got out of the ticket. I better slow down on the Bush, I thought they gave you at least 9miles over. Did you get bumped up??? I hope so. Julie have a great time also. Keep us informed on your adventures. Love you guys Janet
Now I am on my way!!!! hooraay....I am in Seattle and have about an hour and half before I am off to Beijing! I drove 7o down Bush and did not get pulled over......it must have been that racy honda civic that caught that cop's eye. Grandmas mazda didnt draw the attention ;-)
Safe Travels Julz! You will be in China soon! Ron and Chris - Hope you are enjoying things so far. Keep all of us unlucky ones back at home updated! :)
I expect you are still traveling...
good luck, but boy when you finally get there, what an awesome experience. Give Diana hugs all around. Joy and Tara say good luck as do my colleagues at Children's Medical Center.
love Deb and Bill
Travel SAFE!!! I can't wait to see your pictures and read your blogs! And... what's this about only driving 70 and getting pulled over for speed!? I think that the average speed here in CA...haha! You get pulled over for going under 70...
Post a Comment