I'm back!!! To answers some questions asked; Dalian is about an hour flight from Beijing, i will be flying back to Beijing on the 7th. Also the Olympic Village is alot closer to the stadium that I had first thought. I believe the drive is less than ten minutes.
Things are still great, we went into another part of downtown Dalian and it was pretty cool. Some of the helpers came along from the track and assisted us was we walked around, I had the coolest two people I actually got to know them at the practice track the other day, they are so cute!!! We walked around, experienced real chinese food and saw some very interesting things!!!!! That took up most if the day, other than that we had a team meeting and voting for who we would put in as the flag barrier for track and field and our nomination was for Lopez lamas a 1500m runner. Tommorow I will head to the track at 830 am and hurdle and long jump. It has been pretty darn hot here ( from the sounds of it not like tx!) and also a lot of smog has rolled in the past several days. It was so clean and clear when I first came in ( you will see in the pics), but now it is very smuggy, it looks alot like fog. Hopefully Beijing will be better, it was when I first arrived on my way to Dalian. Well that is about it. I am exhausted and ready for bed. It is 11 pm here and I need to hit the hay!!!! Night And thanks so much for the messages I love reading them!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hi...I'm Chris Browns father. I met you 20 years ago in Athens. I will follow your blog daily to better enjoy the Olympics on a first hand basis. Good luck to you and your daughter....what an honor!!!!!!!You have got to be very proud.
Bud Brown,Florida
Cross out the part about Athens, guess I'm older then I thought,you were in Lake Placid with CB,right?
Hi Diana
Sounds like you are having a great time. It's so nice to have people that help you while you are there. We are all counting down the days until the Olympics start. We can't wait. Thinking of you often. Love Janet
I think it's Good Morning for you, question we had Diana was it hard adjusting to the 13 hour time change we are wondering how that's going to be? How are you feeling at practice? Don't forget to take your hat off during the Ceremony so hopefully we can see/find you. We will be leaving in one week Can not wait to see you!
Love Mom - Your Biggest Fan
Hey Diana,
I'm still trying to figure out this blogging stuff! I can only imagine how much fun you are having! I have had many teachers asking about you. I will pass on this blog address to everyone and let them send you their well-wishes. Be careful with that "real" Chinese food! I've heard some stories!!!
I'll be checking in daily to hear about any updates.
Good Luck!!!!!!!!!
Coach Young
D! ok i think i finally figured out this blog stuff...zac helped! :) so great to hear you are doing good! Thinking about you and hope everything keeps going well. Miss you but I am very excited about trying to see you at the opening ceremonies! It will be like an interactive where's waldo! :) luv ya! Kayles...and Zac says hi toO!
Post a Comment