Sunday, August 3, 2008
Hello from China!!!
Hi Everyone this is Diana reporting from Dalian, China. I am at the training camp and it is sooooo pretty! I also stayed in the village for a night, everything has exceeded my expectations. I am soaking up everything. Here at the training camp we have an entire resort for us, with a golf course movie room, bowling alley, etc. It sits right on a bay, that I have a great view of from my hotel window. I will upload pictures soon! I started training here and feel great! After training today they took us downtown, whenever we leave our resort they completely stop traffic for the whole trip, with police escorts and all. Also when we shopped around there was a guard following our every move, kindof cool:) Well my stomach is grumbling..... oh ya that reminds me they have brought in an American chief that is amazing!! He has spoiled us it is so nice, he cooks everything from scratch. Well I am off to dinner, I will update soon and upload pics!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Diana we can hardly wait to get there! I wish we could have a chief cook for us while there but I don't think that will happen. How is the pool and are you going to be able to golf? How is the practice track and is the track team the only one's on the Island?
hey diana this is jeff im trying to help my mom use a blog so this is just a test message to see if she can do it. We miss you and hope youre doing well :).
Hi Diana!!!!
It sounds so amazing there. I'm so glad you are having such a great time. They are starting to have coverage of the olympic venues on the today show and it is so fun watching it knowing that you are there getting to experience it. We will be watching for you at the opening ceremonies on Friday. Know that we are here at home cheering you on each step of the way. Love Janet, Jeff and Kelli
Hey Guys,
This is the Andrews family here....what a great idea... will check it everyday. You guys know how much we love your whole family and wish you the best of luck...
Diana, Bob and Mary wish you the best and we will be watching and cheering you on. It will be so much fun watching the Olympics and knowing you are there participating.
Diana:
We are so proud of you for your accomplishments. Can't wait to see you in action. We loved the 800m run!!! That was unbelievable.
We love you and we'll stay in touch.
G&G Root
can't wait for your next post Diana. Hot again today. Guess what, Justin started to work at Children's today in engineering. We actually got to carpool. Hope to hear from you soon
Love Aunt Debbie
Diana you have huge fans watching from Illinois. Your grama Joan has the bleachers filled with the Isa drive crowd (your mom's early childhood home) It was exciting reading about your qualification on the 28th. WOW! I know that all of the events are on the 15th and 16th but can't figure out when they will be televised in USA? You are far from Beijing in Dalian, when will you go to Beijing? Will you be staying near the Birds Nest? My whole family will be watching. We have goose bumps. What an inspiration. We are in awe of your athletic accomplishments.
Toots, the food is good in Beijing, you won't need a chef. Noodle stuff is local to Beijing (not rice), mostly beef and pork. Chicken is not as popular. All hotels have American breakfast and dinner items. If you are going to have touring time in Beijing, you could check with this guy to see if he may have any time for you: Mr. Li- (Lee)Robinsonlitour@hotmail.com, 13801361383 phone, speaks english. You can get sim cards for your phones there or get temporary cell phones at the airport. Bring travelers checks in addition to debit card or visa. Not all places will take the atm or visa.
Post a Comment