We made it! We got into Beijing around 8:00 pm Wednesday night. I think I left off while we were in Chicago well not much of a hitch there, just when we went to check in as the plane was loading in Chicago they did not have us on the flight, well nothing like a little panic at this point. Luckily we had our print out of the itinerary and they were able to put us back in. The flight to Shanghai went pretty well considering it was 14 hours long, we watched several movies (The Bucket List was so good), not much sleep at this point since it was during the day in our time zone. When in Shanghai they were able to get us on an earlier flight to Beijing which got us in 2 hours earlier than expected. That was the tough flight the wall was starting to hit us, our heads were bobbing back and forth, side to side and the oils began to secrete not a pretty sight. After the flight a bus meet us for a 45 minute drive to the hotel, again heads bobbing eyes rolling back. So here we are both of us can’t wait to hit the beds. After about a 30 minute check in off to the room. Fifth floor ok, well guess what no elevator only stairs, and thank goodness all our running has paid off. You don’t want to make that trip often. So we get in our room and I am not kidding the bed, oh good God the best I can describe it is a piece of plywood with a bed pad on it. I guess that is how all rooms are in Beijing not firm but hard. Thank goodness we were so tired I think we would have slept on a bed of nails last night. I think I am getting a little anxious about the bed tonight. Julie should be coming in shortly we are just waiting for her; she should be in around 6:30 this evening. I don’t think we will be seeing Diana tonight we are about 45 minutes apart and has to get up early in the morning. So hopefully we will she her tomorrow in between her two sessions.
Ron and Chris/Toots
13 comments:
Hey you look pretty good in the picture considering what you have been through. Glad you made it there. How is Ron doing? Oh my god you made me laugh about the hotel. I can't help but think of I love Lucy when they where in the hotel in Italy and they have to walk up all the stairs and had the rock hard beds. It makes us appreciate the good old USA. Well try and get some good rest and have the time of your life. Go DIANA!!! Love Janet
Just want you to know that my family is so excited about watching Diana. We are big Olympic fans and this one is going to be even more special. Hope you have the time of your life. Diana,YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Dan with Miracle
Awesome picture!! :D Glad to see you'll made it safely with just small adventures along the way...
You made me giggle too! So glad you guys made it in one piece! I bet you guys are getting soooo excited! Julie could not wait to get there! I think by now you guys have all found eachother! Love you guys!
Diana, Hello from all of us here at Rowlett Dental.
We are all cheering you on.
GOOD LUCK
Hey Chris and Ron,
Glad to see you made it. Tell Julie that the Tiananmen Square backdrop would make a great picture wearing the Rowlett Track t-shirts. I hope she did not forget to bring them.
Have fun and keep us updated!
Ray
I am so excited for you and your family. Go DIANA!!! Reach for the gold! Everyone here at Schkade Mines is cheering you on! Relax and enjoy your vacation Chris.
Chris, Derek wanted me to say that he will be cheering for Diana also and that him and Kim say Hi.
Dan @ Miracle
Hi Guys, beds aren't what you expected, huh? Oh well, I'm sure you will all be flying so high that it just won't matter. I am so excited for all of you as well as for us. This is soooo exciting. I read Diana's blog and I am so proud of her attitude. We will be cheering from the sidelines in Garland. Enjoy every moment! Diana-you are a winner! Love, Donna, Alan and Adam
So glad everything went well for you. I'm so excited for what go get to see today. Give Diana a big hug for me. Love you guys
Toots, I saw you this morning right at the beginning of the today show. You were in your white hat and there was an athlete signing autographs near you. I didn't see Julie. I'm so sorry to hear about Diana. I hope she is doing well and that she knows she is a winner in all our hearts. Enjoy the rest of your time there. Love Janet
Toots, I saw you this morning right at the beginning of the today show. You were in your white hat and there was an athlete signing autographs near you. I didn't see Julie. I'm so sorry to hear about Diana. I hope she is doing well and that she knows she is a winner in all our hearts. Enjoy the rest of your time there. Love Janet
I recorded the today show, hopefully I will see you guys! I heard Jules met my swimmer!!! Lucky girl! Mom and Ron give Nonnie a hug from me :)
Diana,
I love you so much and I am SOOOO proud to how far you have come. I hope you are doing ok and in not to much pain. At least you got one race of glory :) Hugs and kisses
Love Katie
Post a Comment