Hi Everyone!!! It is about 1:45pm here right now. I got back into Beijing last night about 8:00pm. It turned out to be a pretty long day, but I am back in the Village. We have a meeting today at 3 to go over all the things we need to know before everyone meets, I believe around 5pm we will head over and begin the celebration! I can not believe today is the day! I started out the day by heading over to Beijing Normal University, which is a facilitate were all the USA athletes can train, and it is pretty cool. I explored the place and found the boxing room, the wrestling room, fencing, basketball, and swimming. I took pictures and will put them up soon. And now I am sitting in the computer room for the USA team in the village and just had Tores, the 40 something swimmer sitting right next to me:) Well......thinking about being apart of the Olympic Games opening ceremonies already almost overwhelms me. Also reading all of your messages means so much to me and really makes me realize what I am apart of. Thanks so much and I will be waving proud and strong out there on the field tonight. I will be taking as many pictures as they will allow and I will write when I can to tell you all about the experience. Talk to you all soon!!!!!
Oh to answer your question Janet, at the track they have many helpers out there. When I high jumped the other day this girl and a boy were the ones helping me. They spoke some english and were so sweet. Well.....a couple days after that we went downtown and as we got off the bus a bunch of helpers were there waiting to guide us around. My two little friends were there so I spent all day with them. We had so much fun!!!! That was the girl that is in the picture:).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Just amazing!
Hi Diana,
I just dropped Rick off at the airport...he's soooooooo excited about this trip he can't stand it. Kim and the kids are here and Logan says "Go Di-nana!". Hope the opening ceremonies were magical for you...hope to see a shot of you on TV...see your huge smile and tears in your eyes. We'll also be smiling through our tears of joy. Have a great week!
Love, San, Kim, Logan and Ellis
PS: Give Coach a big hug from all of us!
Hi Diana
Have a great time tonight!! I am soooooooo excited for you getting to experience all of this. Can't wait to watch it on TV tonight, they said on the today show it is suppose to be spectacular. Have a blast. Love Janet
That made me well up...I cannot believe it is all happening for you!! Julie and I are sitting here watching the today show while you are getting ready for the opening ceremonies. It is so cool to think where you are and what you are experiencing! I love you so much!! Go my nonnie!!! After tonight, the US fourth of July fireworks will never be anything that will wow you again. I get chills!!!
I talked to you this morning Diana while you were waiting to March in to the most incredible moment of your life, you sounded like you could just jump out of your skin you were so excited. The DVR is set to go, we are set to go LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
All- Diana had her picture taken with all the Bush's, Jr, Sr Barbara, and talked to Jena Bush.
Love Mom
Diana,
I can feel your excitement! Can't wait to see you in the opening ceremonies. Fly high girl and know that all our energy, excitement and love are with you. We are soooooooooooo proud and what a huge honor it is to tell people I know a wonderful girl competing in the Olympics. Anxious to hear all about the opening ceremonies and how it made you feel. Love Zac and Pam
We're rooting for you! Ang GOOD LUCK!!
- Grandma Joan's friend Mary Schmitt
I hope it was an amazing experience I love you more than anything and I still can't believe my girlfriend is in the Olympics I have some serious bragging rights! haha. Can't wait too see all the pictures.
Love you bub, Jon
Hey D
Watching the ceremony on TV now! So I will be looking for ya. I love getting to hear your happy vocie....I keep tearing up thinking of you there :-)
Hi Diana,
Did not see you the first time, but the DVR is still running, so will watch again in slow.... I did get teary eyed just watching you guys marching in to the stadium, it was an awe inspiring site. Can't wait for pics, and will be sending best thoughts your way. I can't imagine what you felt in the midst of all those people in that spectacular venue. Wow... no more words
Love Debbie
Thanks guys!
Post a Comment