Friday, August 15, 2008
Hello.....
Well....I first wanted to thank everyone for their unbelievable amount of support reading all those post meant so much to me. I wish so badly that yesterday did not happen the way it did, but it did. When I walked out there to run that race I felt an emotion that I had never felt before it was amazing!!! I was so unbelievably pumped up, I was about to jump out of my skin! Once the race started I felt great and right when I was attempting it quicken a little more is when I got injured, I pushed my body a little to far I guess. I felt a popping sensation over the top of the seventh or eighth hurdle and knew what had happened( I did the same thing in March). I attempted to keep going but soon realized my body would not allow it. So my competition as ended. I wanted so bad to be out there for the whole Heptathlon, but I was not able. I will not let this ruin my Olympic experience I will still soak everything in and cheer on my teammate Hyleas to the gold!! This has still been so amazing, and I feel so proud to be an Olympian. Thanks again for all your post I have looked forward to reading them every time I am on the computer. I will be spending the next week with Julie, Mom, and Ron and I will update you in the next day or two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
D so good to hear from you. I am know how bad you want to be out there, but i am so happy you are still going to soak up the rest of your Olympic expierence! Enjoy the time with the fam in China. Love ya lots.
What a ride Diana! It's nice to hear that you are in good spirits. I hope you recover well. Enjoy your time in China. You and Julie both have a huge future in front of you and I have no doubt that we'll see you both in the next Olympics. Enjoy the rest of the Olympics with your family.
Great to hear from you Diana. Your attitude is amazing. Have a great time in Beijing with mom, Juls and Ron. See you when you get home. Love Janet
You blow me away with how strong and professional you are! I am so glad this is not going to ruin your moment! You four have a fantastic time seeing China! And then I cannot wait to see you in a few weeks!! Love you dearly!
I'm so proud of you Diana! You have accomplished so much in your life. In a few months you will look back on these Olympic games and realize they were a springboard to bigger and better accomplishments in your career. I look forward to watching both you and Julie as you continue to pursue your dreams! Have fun In China! Go USA!!!!
Coach Young
Dear Diana,
I met you on the plane to Beijing. I was looking forward to seeing your results. I am sorry that darned hamstring popped.
Glad to hear you are enjoying Beijing.
Speedy recovery.
I'm so proud of you Pick. Thats how a true Olympian would handle that unfortunate event. You are the best sweetie. Love you
Hi Diana, the Cougar nation is incredibly proud of all your efforts. Keep your head up and enjoy the Olympic experience!
its so good to hear from u diana. even though that happened it was still amazing seeing u on tv running in th eplympics im so proud to have you as a cousin :D ilove you diana and cant wait to see you ♥
Diana, Congratulations on being one of the top 3 heptathaletes in the country, and possibly the world. I'm so sorry about your injury, and wish you a speedy recovery. If this can't be the Olympics that you shine in, we'll all be cheering you on in your other competitions. You're already a champion!
...until 2012.....
with love, Carol & Tom Fix
Diana, you are so amazing with the best attitude ever! Love your time there and enjoy all the sites. Look forward to seeing you when you come home. Tell Chris, Ron and Julie hi. Love, Pam
Diana,
It's been such a kick to watch you and Julie excel in your sport. We have all been watching and enjoying your Olympic experience vicariously. (Kelly is keeping track while in Cambodia!) The internet is a wonderful thing for this kind of experience.
We're looking forward to seeing you and Julie competing for many years to come!!
Have a great time!!
Lynn Watters
Diana,
We love your attitude! Take time to heal the leg as we are certain there are more great things to come for you.
PS. You looked awesome in HD on television!
Love you
Uncle Bill and Aunt Debbie
Diana! Way to keep you spirits up girl!! :D I'm so proud of you!! Enjoy the rest of your time in China with your family and cheer'n on Team USA!
All I have to say is WAY TO GO! and with your positive attitude, you will go farther than Olympics (if there is much farther to go). The world is your track.
What a great opportunity for you and your family. I hope you enjoy it all!
Best Wishes,
Stephanie Jaross
Post a Comment